Are you tired of living a dysfunctional and unhappy life? Are you aware that you have the power to change that? First, we must acknowledge that it is dysfunctional. Then, we need to take action to make positive changes. Here are steps to change your dysfunctional living:
1. Acknowledge that we are responsible for creating our own emotional problems.
2. Accept that we have the ability to change disturbances significantly.
3. Recognize and distinguish emotional problems from irrational beliefs.
4. Clearly perceive these beliefs.
5. See the value of disputing self-defeating beliefs.
6. Accept that we must work hard in emotional and behavioral ways to counteract irrational beliefs and dysfunctional feelings and behaviors. Nobody is truly happy living a dysfunctional life. The good new is….we can change that!
Examples: I must have love or approval from all significant people in my life.
I must perform important tasks completely and perfectly.
If I don’t get what I want, it’s terrible and I can’t stand it.